Thursday, January 18, 2024

The Few The Proud šŸ˜‰

The gym is already starting to thin out! I’m happy for all the people who want to get healthy for 2024, but I knew it would be short-lived. This is good news for me because one of the reasons I love working out early in the morning is so that I don’t have to stand in line for the gym equipment I want to use. 

When all these new people showed up on the 1st, they were hogging up all the machines I like and staring at their phones. People need to be more cognizant and respectful of other people and not spend excessive time on a machine. We all have limited time to work out in the morning and we don’t have time to wait for someone to update their Facebook status. I think some people just like to brag to their friends that they are at the gym working out finally.

This week went really well for me. I’m still enjoying my food plan and I really like splitting up my big morning meal into two meals. My workouts have been consistent and I’m feeling stronger and more flexible. My spine has been feeling great. I continue to do activities that maintain spinal mobility, alignment, strength, and stability.

There are a lot of people with strong muscles but they still have back pain. The key is spinal stability. This is when you train your core musculature. The core muscles are not your abs. The core muscles are the small spinal stabilizers that surround and protect your spine. Your core muscles engage when the bigger muscles move you around.

If your core muscles are weak then your spine may shift out of alignment when you do something simple like pick an object up off the ground. When this happens pain ensues. 

I think a lot of people confuse their core with strong abs. Yes, it’s important to have a strong midsection but the emphasis should be on the transverse abdominis. This muscle wraps around your waist like a belt. To engage your TVA, you must suck in your stomach, especially before you try to lift something.

Keep pushing towards your goals this year and never give up!

Carpe Diem

Chiropractic Lifestyle Food & Exercise Plan

5:00 am šŸ‘‰ Cardio & Weight training

8 am šŸ‘‰ 10 oz Organic Greek Plain Whole Milk Yogurt, 6 oz beef, 3 free-range eggs, 2 oz cheese, 1 oz butter, 1/2 cup organic rice, 1000mg Organic Lion’s Mane, Vitamin D, & Vitamin K.  

11am šŸ‘‰ 6 oz beef, 3 free-range eggs, 2 oz cheese, 1 oz butter, 1/2 cup organic rice, and 220 mg Magnesium Glycinate.

2 pm šŸ‘‰ 16.9 oz coconut water, 2 scoops whey protein, 2 scoops collagen powder, 1 scoop wild berry superfood powder, 5 grams creatine, 220 mg Magnesium Glycinate. 

Macros Breakdown

Calories: 2,769 Protein: 178 grams   Fat: 118 grams   Carbs: 191 grams

Chiropractic Lifestyle Food Supplies

                                            




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mother's Day šŸ’šŸŒ¹šŸŒŗ

Wow, what a nice weekend!  šŸŒžšŸ„° You couldn’t ask for a better Mother’s Day. The sun was shining and people were loving life with their famil...