Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Beautiful Days Ahead 🌞

Summer seems like it just started but Fall will be here before you know it. There’s still plenty of time to go to the beach and enjoy some sunshine. If you are going on the weekend, make sure you leave before 9 am and you can come back early, or you can stay late. But it’s hard to perfectly time the best time to come back. If you come back really late, I think you would beat the traffic. Otherwise, it’s stop-and-go for over an hour all the way over the hill.

The Chiropractic Lifestyle food plan is going great. I love the combo of meat, dairy, and fruit. I’m actually considering stopping the whey protein shakes for a while and just sticking to some ground beef and rice. I want to experiment to see how my body likes not having the whey protein every day. I would also be increasing my carbs a bit by adding rice. If you’re a regular follower, then you would know that I used to eat quinoa, eggs, broccoli, and carrots every day. But the key to the CLF plan is diversity, flexibility, and consistency. When you make a change to the plan, you have to stick with it for a period of time to see how your body likes it.

My workouts have been consistent and my legs are finally getting stronger again since my last abductor injury. I’ve noticed that my muscles have taken longer to heal as compared to when I was younger. I used to be able to work through injuries and they would just go away. But now they seem to linger and take longer to heal. My theory is that my testosterone levels continue to drop as I age, so lower testosterone may be correlated with longer healing times for muscles.

My spine care is on track. I keep my spine in alignment by performing regular core stabilization exercises, mobility work, and stretches. Remember, spine care consists of mobility, alignment, and strength. The strength refers to core muscle strength which are the small muscles that surround your spine to stabilize the spine during motion. You can actually have strong primary movers but a weak core which will predispose you to injury and spinal misalignment. Like anything you do, it’s a combination of different things that help you achieve a goal.

Enjoy these last days of summer and keep working towards your goals every day!

Carpe Diem

Chiropractic Lifestyle Food & Exercise Plan

6:00 am πŸ‘‰ Sea Salt with water

6:30 am πŸ‘‰ Weight training & Water Loo sparkling water.

 8 am πŸ‘‰ 6 eggs, 2 oz cheese, 2 oz butter, 20 oz cooked beef, sea salt, 22 grams beef bone broth protein powder, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Organic Coffee, & 4 oz Organic half & half.

12 pm πŸ‘‰ 2 bananas, 20 oz pineapple, 11.2 oz coconut water, 1 scoop fruit powder, 1 scoop whey protein,1500mg Organic Lion’s Mane, 360 mg Magnesium Glycinate, 1000 mg Vitamin C, & 1 scoop collagen powder. 

3:00 pm πŸ‘‰ Sea Salt with water & 240 mg Magnesium Glycinate.

Macros Breakdown

Calories: 2,300 Protein: 186 grams   Fat: 124 grams   Carbs: 164 grams

                                            Chiropractic Lifestyle Food Supplies


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mother's Day πŸ’πŸŒΉπŸŒΊ

Wow, what a nice weekend!  🌞πŸ₯° You couldn’t ask for a better Mother’s Day. The sun was shining and people were loving life with their famil...