Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Movement - A vital component of health!

Moving is so essential for our health. Even when you have an injury you have to start moving as soon as possible. I experienced that a few weeks ago. I was practicing some martial arts with my friend and he over rotated my shoulder. I knew I strained a tendon and was kind of bummed out. I even took a little time off from the gym thinking I needed to rest it. Finally I couldn't wait any longer, I had to keep working out. So I went ahead and started doing some shoulder exercises. When doing them I was feeling my sore shoulder, however during one of my sets I felt a little pop followed by relief. I was amazed to find that my body actually adjusted itself and all it needed was the right movement to facilitate the adjustment. I am so happy that I decided to keep moving and not let pain stop me from my routine. Now my shoulder is back at 100% feeling better than ever. I've also experienced this with different back and neck pains. It's seems like very little rest is needed and returning to normal activities is imperative to help the healing. I have found the best teacher is experience. I learning that the Chiropractic Lifestyle is the secret to healthy living! 

My fuel supplies this week were affordable as usual:



Breakfast (9am) ~  Isalean Shake, 1 scoop Red Drink

Lunch (12pm) ~ 4 Hard boiled eggs, 1/2 cup quinoa, 2 tbs butter, 2 tbs Chia Seeds, 2 cups steamed carrots, and 2 cups steamed broccoli, seasonings (Turmeric, Sea Salt, Pepper, Frank's Hot Sauce)

Mid-Afternoon (3pm) ~ 2 cups nonfat yogurt, 2 cups blueberries, 1 banana, handful walnuts, cinnamon, and 2 tbs raw organic honey

Dinner (6pm) ~ Isalean Shake, 1 scoop Green Drink, 1 Organic Apple

Evening (9pm) ~ Isalean Shake, 1 Organic Orange

Snack ~ 2-4 servings (half the bag) of sunflower seeds.

I'm going for my adjustment tomorrow by my amazing chiropractor to keep my body on full power. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mother's Day 💐ðŸŒđ🌚

Wow, what a nice weekend!  🌞ðŸĨ° You couldn’t ask for a better Mother’s Day. The sun was shining and people were loving life with their famil...