Monday, February 25, 2013

Awesome First Week!

I made it through my first week of living the chiropractic lifestyle by incorporating all my organic healthy food. It actually was really easy. I found that in the morning I would be hungry but as soon as I had my shake the hunger was immediately gone. When my 12pm meal came around I was definitely ready to eat but not famished. Then my subsequent meals I was just eating because I knew I had to eat every 3 hours, however, I found that I really wasn't hungry. Each day I experienced the same pattern. The whole week I didn't crave any junk food, my energy levels were constant and steady every day, and my ability to think and problem solve seemed enhanced.

Well I really looking forward to my second week of eating all organic and clean. I find that I'm actually saving a lot of money. Here is my Trader Joe's receipt for this week:


The total for the food this week was $121.30 because I added a few organic snack items, a fruit/ vegetable power, and Chia Seeds. I figured I wasn't taking in enough variety of fruits and vegetables so the organic fruit and vegetable powders would supplement that.

I also replaced the organic strawberries with organic raspberries and organic pears with organic apples. My food plan for this week is as follows:


Breakfast ~ Isalean Shake, 1 scoop Red Drink, 2 cups organic raspberries with a handful of walnuts
Lunch ~ 4 Hardboiled eggs, 1/2 cup quinoa, 2 tbs butter, 2 tbs Chia Seeds, 2 cups steamed carrots, and 2 cups steamed broccoli
Mid-Afternoon ~ Isalean Shake, 1 scoop Green Drink, 1 organic apple
Dinner ~ 2 cups yogurt, 2 cups blueberries, 1 banana, handful walnuts, 1 tbs honey
Evening ~ Isalean Shake, 1-2 organic oranges
Snacks ~ Organic Popcorn, Cliff Bars, Organic Peppermints, and Unsweetened Sparkling Water
Seasonings (lunch) ~ Turmeric, Salt, Pepper, Frank's Hot Sauce

Another aspect of living the chiropractic wellness lifestyle is doing regular exercise. Each week I will review my work outs I did. I'm getting over an injury now, so each subsequent week my workouts will change until I'm back at 100%.

Last week I went to the gym only 2 times. On Tuesday I trained Back and on Friday I trained legs. I missed my chest and shoulders work out which I'm going to do tomorrow. I also did zero cardio. I'm hoping this week I will be more consistent with my weight training and I'm motivated to start doing some cardio again. I'm thinking I will do swimming for cardio in the form of interval training. I will swim for 20 minutes, swimming hard for 1 minute, easy for 1 minute and repeat. Studies have shown this to be the most effective cardio.

Here are my current pictures:



I will take pictures of myself every 30 days so you can see the physical changes.

Now I'm off to have my weekly spinal check-up with my chiropractor!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mother's Day 💐ðŸŒđ🌚

Wow, what a nice weekend!  🌞ðŸĨ° You couldn’t ask for a better Mother’s Day. The sun was shining and people were loving life with their famil...