Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Fast & Furious 🤪

I just finished a two-day fast. It wasn’t that bad. I have done one-day fasts in the past, but this was my first two-day fast. During the previous one-day fasts, I only drank salt water, black coffee, and I took my magnesium. During this two-day fast, I took out the coffee. Taking out the coffee was probably why I had a raging headache the first day, and a mild headache the second day. When I woke up on the third day, the headache was gone. I went to the gym as usual in the morning, and throughout my fast, my workouts didn't feel any different. In fact, I actually felt stronger. Especially on the morning of the third day. I did back that day and I was pulling more weight than I usually do. You would think that I would have felt weak and fatigued from not eating for almost three days. However, on the evening of the second fast day, I had difficulty sleeping. Surprisingly, I was only hungry on the first and second days of my fast. When I woke up on the third day, I wasn’t hungry at all.

Fasting has been shown to increase autophagy in the human body, which cleans up old cells and replaces them with new ones. It has also been found that when you start eating again your body is flooded with new stem cells.

When I started back on my food plan, my food was especially delicious! When you don’t eat for a day or two, you will really appreciate your food. It also makes you realize that you can survive a few days without eating and it won’t kill you. 

It makes me wonder how people can eat every day, and usually all day, and they never give their digestive system a rest. I think back in the day when food was more scarce, our physiologies adapted to not having food for an extended period. 

I have talked with other people who have done 6-day fasts, and this one person I follow on Facebook, did a 30-day fast. I couldn’t even imagine going longer than 3 days. In fact, 72 hours after not eating, autophagy maxes out, and then your body starts breaking down muscle for energy, but initially, the body will utilize energy from fat storage. I theorize that if someone has an excessive amount of body fat then they could probably go a long time without eating. However, they would still need to supplement their electrolytes and water.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Carpe Diem

Chiropractic Lifestyle Food & Exercise Plan

6:00 am 👉 Sea Salt with water

6:30 am 👉 Weight training & Water Loo sparkling water.

 8 am 👉 6 eggs, 2 oz cheese, 2 oz butter, 20 oz cooked beef, sea salt, 22 grams beef bone broth protein powder, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Organic Coffee, & 4 oz Organic half & half.

12 pm 👉 2 bananas, 20 oz pineapple, 11.2 oz coconut water, 1 scoop fruit powder, 1 scoop whey protein,1500mg Organic Lion’s Mane, 240 mg Magnesium Glycinate, 1000 mg Vitamin C, & 1 scoop collagen powder. 

3:00 pm 👉 Sea Salt with water & 240 mg Magnesium Glycinate.

Macros Breakdown

Calories: 2,300 Protein: 186 grams   Fat: 124 grams   Carbs: 164 grams 

Chiropractic Lifestyle Food Supplies  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mother's Day 💐🌹🌺

Wow, what a nice weekend!  🌞🥰 You couldn’t ask for a better Mother’s Day. The sun was shining and people were loving life with their famil...